Saturday, November 13, 2010

Simple Stripes Scarf (Knit)


1 ball Lion Brand Wool Ease Color A (black)
1 ball Lion Brand Wool Ease Color B (white/multi – it’s the sparkly one)
1 ball Lion Brand Wool Ease Color C (grey heather)
Size 7 needles

With CA, cast on 20.

Rows 1 - 6: Knit across, switch to CB.

7, 8: Knit across, switch to CC.

9 - 14: Knit across, switch to CA.

15, 16: Knit across, switch to CB.

17 - 22: Knit across, switch to CC.

23, 24: Knit across, switch to CA.

Repeat rows 1 – 24 until piece measures approximately 47 to 47.5 inches from beg.

Repeat rows 1 – 6.

FO, weave in ends.



4 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi! I love this scarf...the colors and the varied stripe widths...very pretty. Am extremely new to knitting, so this pattern is perfect. Thank you for sharing!

Hilary said...

Hi, Cindy! I'm fairly new to knitting, too, so I can understand the safe haven of the garter stitch. Thanks for visiting!

Susie said...

Should you cut the yarn between each color change?

Hilary said...

If memory serves, I carried the yarn between color changes. When it comes to knitting, however, I'm still somewhat inexperienced. Crochet is more my forte. A knitter more experienced than I may be able to tell you if there's a best way to handle frequent color changes.

Sorry I can't be more help than that, especially on one of my own patterns. :S