2 colors Caron Simply Soft
F (3.75 mm) hook
CA: Color A (white)
CB: Color B (blue)
Bl: Back loop
Note: you should be comfortable changing colors to work this pattern. If you're not, see this link. Work over unused color.
With CA, ch 16.
1. Sc in each ch across (15 sc).
2. Sc in bl of each sc across (15 sc).
3. Repeat row 2 until piece measures 5 1/2 inches from beginning.
4. Working in both loops, sc in first 3 sc. Join CB and work 3 sc. Now, alternate between colors every 3 sc, ending with 3 CA.
5, 6. Work alternating 3 CA, 3 CB, beginning and ending with CA.
7 - 9. Work alternating 3 CB, 3 CA, beginning and ending with CB.
10-12. Work alternating 3 CA, 3 cB, beginning and ending with CA.
Repeat rows 7-12 until piece measures approx 12 1/2 inches from beginning. FO CB.
11. Working in bl only, sc in each sc across.
12. Repeat row 11 until piece measures approximately 18 inches from beginning. Do NOT finish off.
13. (Joining row) Sc ends together. FO.
For added warmth and a softer earwarmer, gently brush the wrong side of with a stiff-bristled hairbrush. It makes yarn feel heavenly!