2 colors Lion Brand Homespun
J (6.00 mm) hk
CA = Color A (Candy Apple in example)
CB = Color B (Harvest in example)
This photo came out pretty dark; the colors are really much more vibrant.
You should be comfortable changing colors several times per row to work this pattern. Do not work over unused strand; instead, carry it behind your work, picking it up when needed.
1. Ch 4, 11 dc in first ch (12 dc).
2. Ch 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout), dc in same st. 2 dc in each st around, join. (24 dc).
3. Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next st. *2 dc in next st, dc in next st. Rep from * around, join. (36 dc).
4. Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 2 st. *2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 st. Rep from * around, join. (48 dc, now and throughout).
5. Ch 3, dc in next 3 dc. *With CB, dc in next 4 st. With CA, dc in next 4 st. Rep from * around, ending with 4 dc in CB.
6. Starting with CA, repeat row 5.
7, 8. Starting with CB, repeat row 5. The checkerboard pattern will now start to appear.
9-14. Repeat rows 5-8. Finish off CB.
15. Working over cut end of CB: ch 1, sc in each stitch around. FO.